Go crazy and apply to alter expo
alter expo is a growing SME offering their services to fair and congress organizations. We are based in Belgium and at work around the EU for more than 15 years. Maybe we need you!
Join us as
Junior foreman for exhibition and stand construction
and learn the ins and outs how to transform an empty exhibition hall into an exciting and entirely new space in record time. The amazing thing about alter expo is "size" : alter expo does not just build single stands, alter expo builds the entire fair!
Job content :
- You assist in the realisation of the construction and dismantling of the fairs / congresses / corporate events
- You learn how to work in a (cost-) efficient manner and how to structure the build-up of a complex fair
- You work in Belgium and abroad, in various environments and impressive settings
- You will learn new skills in handling different materials, ranging from wood to complex aluminium construction systems
- You actively engage in discussion on new trends and construction techniques.
- In the next phase of your education, you become the single point of contact for our customers (exhibition organizers and exhibitors) at the fair.
- You love adventure and do not have a “9 to 5” mentality.
- You have a “hands-on” mentality and are good at communication
- You are not afraid of challenges
- You have a driving license C or are prepared to obtain this during the training.
What do we offer :
- A fixed contract, full-time job.
- Interesting learning opportunities with a huge amount of interesting challenges
- An impressive portfolio of challenging (inter)national projects
- An individual growth trajectory, based on your strengths and ambitions
- An enthusiastic, highly skilled team where personal development is key
- An ambitious company that focuses on growth
Come and join our enthusiastic, innovative and growing team as
Project manager for exhibition and stand construction
On the job, you will learn new technical, creative and project management skills, through challenging projects you will not find elsewhere. After all, alter expo is not a classical stand constructor: we build entire fairs!
Job content :
- You are responsible for the technical and project coordination aspects of the project
- You are the go-to contact for the show organiser (your client), as well as the exhibitors (your client’s clients)
- You prepare the technical floor plan (drawings), the material- and loading documents, and you draft the detailed plan of attack for the construction team
- You help create new modular concepts that can be used on a large scale
- You coordinate the actions of the different parties (your own project & construction team, as well as the suppliers)
- You go on-site for follow-up if needed, and make sure the project meets the deadline
- You take care of administrative tasks such as ordering, quoting and invoicing
Your profile :
- You are enthusiastic and full of energy, and you don’t shy away of a challenge
- You have technical skills and decent knowledge of Autocad (2D/3D) or similar
- You speak and write multiple languages (Dutch/French/English)
- You are skilled in digital communication channels. You know how to use Office 265 and are able to adopt to using new digital tools.
- You are customer-oriented and decisive
- You love organising, managing and adhering to deadlines
- Experience in the exhibition sector is a bonus
What we offer :
- Fixed full-time employment contract (white-collar)
- Competitive salary with benefits
- A fantastic learning trajectory with a large variety of interesting challenges
- Personalised growth plan, based on your strengths and ambitions
- A young, enthusiastic and growing team
- An ambitious company focussing on growth